Wednesday 10 March 2010

Method Uk


Recently while in London I went for a portfolio visit with Garry, the director of Method Uk. Garry is originally from Stockport and seemed really keen to meet over email, so I was really laid back and relaxed when i went to see him.

Garry set up Method about 10years ago, before this he worked within the BBC. Garry has no design background as such, just a lot of experience with working within the creative industry, so it was good to see someone other than a designer, he knew what he was talking about.
Whilst there I met Mike Lee, the head designer who showed me a piece of work which he was currently working on, he showed me a kind of before and after of some photography which he was placing into a different background, it was good to see them at work.

Garry went through my portfolio with me and he seemed to really liked it, he was really positive about my work and it seemed to be different to what he has seen before, there was even mention of future placements. He didn't really give me any criticism he just generally liked it and didn't have anything specific to mention.

Method as a whole seemed really friendly and had a real cosy, homely feel to the agency, I had a really good experience there and will be keeping in touch with Garry, and hopefully will meet him again in the future.

No comments: