Wednesday 8 April 2009

Work experience

In the two week Easter holiday I was lucky enough to get a work placement working alongside Dan Clarke at Devote Associates www.devoteassociates.co.uk . I have really enjoyed working with Dan I have learnt so much, in the first week I helped with a knife crime booklet as well as meeting clients and picking up and sending finished pieces from the printers, as well as general studio duties. I was also involved in a meeting with a client concerning a new brand where I put my ideas forward, which Dan was well impressed with!! In the second week i helped design a website and sourced concept images for a brochure.My Illustrator skills have really improved while I've been working with Dan, he has had the patience to show me a few tricks, and left me to complete a project for a property development using Illustrator. He has shown me how to source images properly off the Internet and how to get the best quality, as well as how to structure my folders like they do in the studio, so i can find the work and images quickly. Here is some example of the work i have had input on, and I'd like to say Thank you to Dan for giving me the opportunity to work with him.








 

No comments: