Friday 3 April 2009

Portfolio meeting

Today i went to meet Daniel Clarke from Devote Associates, i showed him my portfolio and had a chat with him about my work and his work and his experiences in the design industry. I got some really good feedback and learnt a fair bit, i got some useful tips on how to improve my portfolio and what most designers will look for. He suggested maybe sending some portfolio's out to people as it is a small book he thought designers might like to keep hold of a copy. Daniel really liked the typeface i had made which was surprising as i thought that was my weakest piece of work, and he also suggested that the storyboard for my flash end-sting wasn't very clear and maybe think of taking it out. Daniel was really welcoming and seemed interested in my work and made me feel really comfortable, and at the end he forwarded on some work from his clients for me to have a go at which i was really appreciative of.

No comments: